In 1877, Tom Morris was asked to survey the Arbroath Links and give his opinion as to its suitability for a golf course, and on the 9th of March 1878, a course of 18 holes was opened with a game between Tom Morris and another great professional of his day Mr. Rob Dow. The Course remained much the same until more land was purchased and in 1907 Mr. Willie Fernie of Troon was employed to redesign the layout. It was not until 1931 that the great James Braid was employed to redesign the bunkering and his layout has not altered a great deal since.

Contact us today